Here is a look at what it looked like before.
And here is a look at what it looks like now.
So here is what we did. First, we removed the doors, hardware and shelves. I filled the hardware holes in with wood filler and let dry for about an hour. Then I did a quick sand over every surface, including the insides of the cabinet.
Then, I put on two coats of sander deglosser. I Bought this at home depot and applied it with an old towel.
Once the deglosser dried, I painted the first coat. The paint we used was Behr and the color is called Pewter Ring. We used a semi-gloss paint with a primer built in.
While I painted and took care of the media cabinet, the hubs worked on mounting the TV to the wall. This involved installing an electrical outlet behind the TV and installing the mounting system. I can't go into details about that other than I'm glad that he can do it and we didn't have to pay someone. Thanks honey!
Here is another look at the finished product.
I love the hardware. Found these at Home Depot from the Martha Stewart collection. Less than $10 for the pair.
So there you have it - quick media stand update.
Happy Friday everyone!