Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Basket of Storage

I've been on a bit of a cleaning spree around here- going through cabinets and drawers, getting rid of items I don't need or use and moving them around to find a better place. You know how it goes, you clean out one drawer just to need to find a new home for half the stuff coming out of it. Since our house has limited storage and I don't like clutter (emphasis on the latter), I have to be creative as to what we keep and where it goes. While starring at our messy linen closet, I thought,  if I could find a better place for our blankets, then that would free up a whole shelf. So out the blankets came and before I knew it, it was already filled with more "stuff".  Now I left myself with no other choice, but to find a different place for them.

I had remembered a recent shopping trip with a girlfriend to Pottery Barn where they had some amazing baskets. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone - accessorize and storage. They have some great baskets right now, but I didn't want to spend $50-100. Not on a basket at least. So off to TJMaxx I go and what do you know, they have some there for $19.99! 



Here is where the basket has landed for now.




I have to say that it has been convenient having the blankets in the living room. We actually have been using them. I love when design meets functionality.

xoxo

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment