Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Big Girl Bed = Big Girl Bedding

The bedding is here! Eeeek!




I am so in love with her new room. As you can see we had to change the room around slightly to accommodate her new, larger bed. One of my pet peeves is a bed against a wall, but it will have to work for now. Plus, it means less chance for her to roll off of it at night. 



The quilt, euro sham and duvet cover are from Pottery Barn Kids. The sheet set is from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I found her a down alternative comforter at Ross for a bargain price of $14.99.  I am still looking for a bedskirt. The one I like is $150 and that is just WAY to much to spend on a bed skirt. I can't seem to find any with split corners at any local stores so I may need to order one online. 

Thanks for reading!





8 comments:

  1. I love it. So cute. Can't wait to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Nana modify a bedskit to fit around the bed corners. She did it to make Z's bed skirt fit the extra legs in her crib and it turned out great and she said it didn't take her long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I can't find one then I may just have to have her help me. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Om my goodness! Her room is simply adorable. Our little girl is growing up sooooo fast. Can't wait to see her big girl room next weekend!! Love you All :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making great progress styling/updating your home with ingenuity, an eye for design, & wonderful choices. Here's an easy, frugal way to make a bedskirt for Ms. Madilynn's Big Girl Bed with any charming fabric:
    Measure around top edge of both sides & bottom of box spring. Triple measurement (adding xtra width to sew panels together). Cut fabric into pieces equaling the required width with length of each 3-4 inches longer than measure from top edge of boxspring to floor. Sew them together at sides to make one LONG, short rectangle. Hem bottom edge & the 2 outer side edges. Gather along top edge & sew it to an inexpensive fitted sheet (that fits the boxspring snugly) at the top surface of the fitted sheet, slightly inside the outer edge. Put on boxspring & top with mattress! This method allows a vast fabric choice compared to ready-made bedskirts. There's so much you can do with the marvelous blue/pink palette in the darling room. How refreshing compared to over-pinkness. Also love the way it's furnished on a small-child sized scale! Anyone who can operate a sewing machine can do this - believe me who can barely sew on buttons! Barb Ann Pimentel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the amazing directions! I don't have a sewing machine right now, but one day I may be able to use this method. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete