Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought I would share with you our family recipe for Cranberry sauce. It is the best cranberry sauce I have ever had and it is super easy to make. 

Ingredients:
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water

Directions:
Put cranberries and water into a pot on medium/low heat. Cover and cook until cranberries stop popping. About 7-8 minutes. Then pour mixture into a sieve. Press through sieve and return to stove. Bring to a boil. Pour in sugar and stir until dissolved. Immediately pour into jars or small bowls. Let sit overnight in cool area before serving.

I usually double the recipe to be sure I have enough....and have leftovers.


These serving bowls I found at TJ Maxx for $4.99 each. 



No comments:

Post a Comment