Tuesday, October 2, 2012

More Art

Since my neighbor gave me the Peace, Love, Happy Hour art (more on that here), I have been inspired to add more throughout the house.  I love chevron print and wanted to incorporate that somewhere into our house, but I didn't want to duplicate what I did in my daughters room (more on that here).

While randomly searching google one day, I found this diy chevron piece that I really love.

Source
I wanted to create something like this, but didn't need it to be exact. I also have no art skills whatsoever, so I can't be too picky. Here are the supplies I had on hand.


And here is what I created.


Of course, I needed to frame it, so I headed to Aaron Brothers and got a frame for $14.99 and then added a white mat to fill the frame. Total cost was $26 for this art. 


What do you think of my diy chevron art?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh! That is fabulous. I think you have more art skills then you think you do. Where did you hang it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to take a better picture, but the lighting was so bad that I didn't post it. I hung it in the dining room, on the wall as you look out to the living room.

      Delete
  2. Looks great Jess - you need to teach me how. I would love a picture like that for my office. :) And you have more art skills than you think. Just being willing to try and create shows you have art skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make you one! What colors do you want?

      Delete