Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Handmade Dollhouse

I have been working on a dollhouse for Madilynn for the last couple months. What started out as, "oh, I'll have that done in a weekend" turned out to be much larger ordeal.  The house is completely custom and handmade. Every wall, stair, trim piece, and chair has to be individually glued and placed. Wall paper, paint and roof shingles were not included in the kit, but I think they take the dollhouse to the next level. 





After all the work, I'm glad that she likes to play with it too! 

Dollhouses come in all sorts of layouts and sizes. Ranging from $30-$1,000!....and yes, you still have to assemble it too. This dollhouse is extra special because it belonged to my Aunt. It was found in her house and I found it my mission to assemble it in her honor.  Therefore, the cost was free for the house. With the paint, wallpaper, roof shingles, glue and other miscellaneous supplies, the total cost to assemble it was approximately $55.00. Not bad considering some of the others on the market.  


xoxo



6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! That is so cute and so special! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess, that doll house is so cute. Love the colors, I can imagine putting the shingles on the roof was a lot of work. I'm sure your Aunt would have been so proud, it turned out great. Did you use scrapbook paper for the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used scrapbook paper and spray adhesive to make it stay. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Aunt Cindy is smiling in heaven seeing Maddie play with her beautiful dollhouse. Great Job Jessica!!!!

    ReplyDelete