Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Diet That Really Works

I can honestly say that I have never done a real diet before, but after binging all summer on cheese puffs and bratworsts, it was time do something! We heard about this diet from my husbands co-workers and from friends who are in crossfit community (we don't do crossfit, but know people who are). After hearing about their success stories, we decided that we should at least find out what this diet was all about.

We went out and bought a book called The Paleo Diet.  I have added it to my amazon store if you are interested in buying it.


After reading the book, I couldn't agree more with the theory behind it. The Paleo Diet focuses on foods that were consumed by our ancestors of the Paleolithic Era or the Old Stone Age.  There are no processed foods allowed including rice, soy, flour, etc.  My meals consist of lean protein, fruits and vegetables. I don't have to count calories, I can simply eat as much as I want.  Within a week I had slimmed down 4 pounds and by two weeks I was down 6 pounds. My stomach was flatter and and you could see my muscle tone better.  The diet allows you to cheat one meal a week, so I don't feel deprived of the foods I love.  It has been about four weeks since we started the diet and I have lost a total of 8 pounds. I feel like I am at my ideal weight and I owe it to this diet.

I thought I would share since it has been so effective with our family. Anyone else Paleo?




No comments:

Post a Comment