Thursday, June 7, 2012

Front Door Day 2

Day 2 of the door was not as exciting as the first. This is because we realized that this was going to take a lot more work than we wanted it to.....sounds like every home improvement project right? We got right to work around 9am. We spent another hour with the putty knife and sander just to get the little spots off that you don't really notice until you get rid of the bigger spots.  Once completed, we started to paint. Remember, we are still only working on the inside of the front door!


 One...


Two....

Three coats of paint and we are done. Umm...just kidding. Nothing could ever go that smoothly. When we peeled off the tape from the windows, some of the paint came with it. It looked like this.


This meant it was time to get out the smallest paint brush I could find and trim in.


This didn't take as long as you would think. Maybe 10 minutes at the most. I didn't worry to much about getting it on the window since I can use a razor blade to scrape it off once it dries. 

This is how it looks today.


Still need to get out a razor blade and scrape off the paint. It looks like this up close.


Our paint color is Swiss Coffee by Kelly Moore Paints. We used a semi gloss to match the rest of the trim work throughout the house. 

To see what happened on Day 1 click here. Day 3 coming next week.

Thanks for reading!




6 comments:

  1. I Love it. It looks amazing. I think you have inspired me to do mine. ...........Always a bad influence, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me! I'll be bringing my front door down next week so you can do mine next. Are you still going with a shade of Red for the front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....You'll have to wait and see. But no I didn't do red. I am a big chicken and am afraid of color.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good. I can't wait to see it in person. Have you had to repaint the bottom right hand corner yet???

    ReplyDelete