Thursday, May 31, 2012

Outdoor Patio Furniture

We have been looking around for an outdoor patio set for sometime now.  I have pretty specific taste and I'm not willing to compromise much so it was a long search. My requirements were that it fit at least six people and be rectangular. I didn't want wood because I didn't want to maintain it and I didn't want plastic. So that limited my search to cast aluminum or aluminum and I wanted the color to be brown.

We started looking at budget friendly places like Target, Ace Hardware, Home Depot and Lowes. We couldn't find anything that fit our taste. I also looked at online stores like overstock.com, patiofurnitureusa.com and amazon.com, but I wanted to be able to see the product before I bought it. Then I started looking at not-so-budget-friendly places like Potterybarn, Crate & Barrel, Patio World and Williams and Sonoma. I found lots of furniture there that I liked, but I wasn't wanting to spend $3,000 or more.

Then I came across Macy's. I didn't even know they carried outdoor furniture. According to the salesman, they just started carrying it about two years ago. They actually have a great selection and for a great price. I would definitely recommend checking out Macy's if you are in the market for affordable outdoor patio furniture.

I ordered the Madison six person outdoor dining set. It came with a rectangular table, 2 swivel rocking chairs and 4 fixed arm chairs. All six chairs have cushions with sunbrella fabric. I ordered the set about a month and half ago, so my only complaint was waiting for it to be in-stock. But now that it is here, we are so excited to use it.




What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I love the new furniture! I can't wait to dine on it =D Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! So excited to see it and give it a test drive in a few weeks. A perfect place for margs, under some twinkling patio lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! Can't wait for you to come visit. Hopefully we have time to enjoy it while you're here!

      Delete
  3. Smart girl for holding out until you found what you wanted. They last a long time so you should absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man love the new patio furniture. That green on the cushion is awesome. Hopefully we can make that dinner date happen sometime sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Amber! Good talking to you last night!

      Delete