Thursday, May 24, 2012

Front Door

Our front door is in need of some desperate TLC. It turns out that I have lots of TLC to go around, so this door is about to get a makeover.

Here is what it looks like now.



If by chance you haven't seen it in person,  let me zoom in for you.



The door is old and worn, but it is my favorite part about this house. It makes me feel like I live in a cottage. I can't wait to refinish this front door and restore it back to its former beauty. We plan on painting the outside red and inside white.  I hesitated a lot with painting the exterior door a color other than white, but the hubs really wants something with color, so we settled on red. I wouldn't have been convinced until a good friend of mine told me red was a timeless color (only as far as front doors go), so I am going for it.



Red was the only color I really considered other than white because it will tie into the brick. These are the three swatches I have narrowed them down to. I am thinking the one in the middle, but I have have some time to think it through. I hate to keep the suspense going for too long, so I will be sure to get going on this project as soon I can.

Today, we are off to Disneyland and won't be back for a few days. Until then, happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! Enjoy!


Thank you troops, veterans and fallen soldiers. Especially my dear friend Alanna and my Aunt Cathy. Thinking of you always. Much love!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Disney.

    IMO...the middle swatch seems to have a pink hue to it. Do you see it? While the bricks are slightly orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. So maybe I need to consider the swatch on the right. It seems to accent the brick better. I appreciate your input!

      Delete
  2. BTW...I love your front door too.

    ReplyDelete