Monday, May 14, 2012

Flea Market Find

Last weekend, I went to the Flea Market with my Grandpa. When I was younger and living at home, we would go with him just about every Sunday morning. It had been a few years since I had last gone, so I was pretty excited to get the opportunity to go with my Grandpa again. 

I was determined to find something for the house that I could fix up and use and what I ended up finding was this.

It is a wrought iron plant hanger that cost $5.


 Up close it looked like this. Lots of rust!


I took a wire brush and some sand paper to help get some of the rust filed down.


Then grabbed my favorite can of spray paint. 


  I applied three coats of paint to each side, allowing 24 hours before turning it over.




Now it looks brand new!






I love my new wrought iron plant hanger.  I wish I had another one for the other side, but maybe my next visit to the flea market I can find one similar.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That turned out really nice.... I love the plant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are the one who inspired me to do it!

    ReplyDelete