Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dining Room Complete.....For Now

I finally finished painting the dining room yesterday. I think it looks a lot better than before and blends better with the rest of the house. I moved the furniture back to its place, cleaned the floors and it feels like a whole new room.

Just in case you have not seen the "before" of the dining room, here it is. (You can click on the page that says "Our House" at the top of the screen to see more.)

 

So let me explain the picture you just saw because it may look a little funny if you don't know what is going on. Yes, the walls look a little funny because my Dad had just textured all the walls in the house and had not sanded them yet. The patches of dark green that you see is the prior paint color of the room. The whole house had a dark color palette going on (like red, forest green, brown and aqua), which may be part of the reason I have such a neutral paint scheme in the house now.

Since you saw what it used to look like, you can better appreciate what it looks like now.




I still have a lot I would like to do in here. I eventually want to get a chandelier and new dining set, but I haven't won the lottery yet so I that won't happen for some time.  

For now, here is my mood board.


2 comments:

  1. I need a mood board. I am afraid of what mine will look like.

    ADS EVERBODY!!! ADS ADS ADS....ALL OVER THE PLACE. CLICK ON THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - I think you would have a great Mood Board. Jessica yours is awesome.... especially since your birthday is this month :)

    ReplyDelete