1. Fresh Flowers. I put this first because I think it is the best accessory. It brings life and color to a room instantly. I think that if you find the right quality you can also use faux flowers like the boxwood topiaries below.
2. Coral. This is my new favorite accessory. I never would have considered it before because I would have thought it was too "beachy". I don't think that adding coral to a room will make people think you are going with a beach theme, unless you compliment it with other beach accessories as well. I have seen a lot of designer's use lately and it has started to grow on me. Plus, it is an easy way to add color and texture to a room. It is fairly inexpensive and comes in all different sizes.
3. Garden Stools. I want one of these so bad. You can use them outdoors, but I would use it inside if I had one. I think they are good to stuff in a corner or to use to set books on or even a drink.. They can be functional if you need them to be or for looks. I see them everywhere and I think they add a nice touch to any room. Z Gallerie has one called the Palmer Stool that I adore.
4. Trays. I don't know why I love these so much, but I do. I have one the coffee table, but I want more. I like how they confine little knick knacks to a space. They can be used so many different ways and I think every house should have one.
5. Magazine books. I have a couple that I rounded up from around the house, but I am on the hunt for more. I like when people color coordinate them and put them in stacks. There is so much you can do with them so I think they are must have.