Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pia Side Table Look-A-Like

I have been lusting after this Pia side table from Crate & Barrel.



The only problem is that it costs $349. If I have learned anything about myself since I started blogging  it would be that I change my style faster than my daughter can gobble down a cookie. So I thought I would start looking online for something similar, but much cheaper.

My requirements were that it be composed somehow of glass and metal. Glass is great because it creates functionality but doesn't take up space like a solid piece. I like metal because I have enough wood objects in the room (wood floors, wood coffee table, wood media stand, wood buffet) and thought it would be good to add some different textures into the room.

 Here is what I found.


It's pretty close right? I think I like it more because of the extra shelf, not to mention the price. The price was $109.99 on Overtock.com!  There is one crucial thing about it that I don't like. The color is antiqued black. My room colors are more in the brown tones so I would need to change that.  Nothing a can of spray paint can't change, which is what I plan on doing. I will be getting my spray paint on and hope to have a finished product for you to see early next week. Stay posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment